You are invited to take part in the targeted consultation on Guildford Borough Council’s Proposed Submission Local Plan: strategy and sites (2017).
From Tracey Coleman, Director of Planning and Regeneration:
We have organised three public information drop-in events where the Planning Policy Team will be available to clarify the consultation process and copies of documents will be available to view:
- East Horsley Village Hall - Wednesday 14 June 2017 - between 1pm and 8pm
- Tongham Community Centre - Thursday 15 June 2017 - between 1pm and 8pm
- Guildford Town Centre at our Council offices at Millmead - Saturday 1 July 2017 -between 10am and 5pm
During the targeted consultation, we will only be asking for comments about the proposed changes to the plan. These will be clearly shown in the updated plan documents through tracked changes, along with summaries that highlight the changes in each policy. We will submit all of last year's consultation comments to the independent Planning Inspector, along with the responses to this summer's targeted regulation 19 consultation about the proposed changes.
The consultation runs from 12 noon on Friday 9 June 2017 to 12 noon on Monday 24 July 2017. During this time, the Proposed Submission Local Plan (2017) will be available to view on our website at www.guildford.gov.uk/newlocalplan at our Millmead office and at local libraries within the borough.
Ways to submit written comments
If you would like to comment on the changes to the plan, consultation feedback must be provided in writing and ideally via our representation form. Please ensure all comments clearly state and identify which paragraph number or policy they relate to in the Local Plan document.
You can do this in a number of ways:
- Our preference is that you submit your comments on our online consultation system which can be accessed through www.guildford.gov.uk/newlocalplan
- complete a paper questionnaire or write a letter and send it to: Planning Policy Team, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB or hand it in at the consultation events.
Please note that verbal comments cannot be taken into consideration.
We will analyse the comments received during the consultation and anticipate submitting the Plan to the Planning Inspectorate for examination at the end of the year.
We look forward to hearing from you.