Sign up to our East Horsley mailing list and keep up-to-date with all the latest parish news

Fly-tipping & Illegal Encampments

Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste on land, usually at the side of roads and on private land. It can range from a black bag of household rubbish to van-loads of building rubbish.

If you see fly-tipping in progress on the Surrey highway, please call 999 and ask for the police. If you've found waste already fly-tipped, contact GBC Customer Services on 01483 505050.  However, if a road is blocked and is impassable, report fly-tipping on the highway to Surrey County Council.

Reporting encampment issues

To report illegal encampments  of travellers (otherwise known as gypsies) on Council land, parks or commons, contact GBC Customer Services on 01483 505050; Parks Department helpdesk 01483 444718 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  Residents can also contact the Ranger Team 07880 784947

Private landowners must deal with encampments on their land.

If you are reporting anti-social behaviour or criminal activity, please contact Surrey Police on their non-emergency number 101 or 999 in an emergency only.

Paul Stacey, Parks and Landscape Manager
01483 444720
Find out more about our wonderful parks and open spaces here