Planning & Environment Committee Meetings
The Parish Council has a statutory right to be notified of every planning application submitted relating to the parish, and to make representations to the Planning Authority (Guildford Borough Council). The Parish Council delegates the consideration of planning applications to its Planning & Environment Committee (which also monitors local environmental threats and problems). Members of the public are invited to attend the Committee’s meetings and make representations.
Planning Meetings take place on Mondays (unless otherwise stated below) at 7.30pm in the Lovelace Room, East Horsley Village Hall, Agendas and Minutes will be posted on the website and on Council noticeboards.
Meeting Dates 2020
2019 PLANNING SUMMARY
- In 2019 a total of 111 planning applications were made for properties in East Horsley, as compared with 97 in 2018.
- The planning authority, GBC, approved 84 of these applications whilst 4 were withdrawn by the applicant. 2 still remain undetermined at present. GBC refused 21 applications, 20% of those determined, as compared with 12% in 2018.
- Demolition of 9 homes was approved by GBC, to be replaced by new dwellings on the same site. This compares with 8 such homes in 2018.
- There were 114 net new homes approved in East Horsley in 2019, including Lollesworth Fields (108 net new homes, outline approval) and at the rear of Kirkwood, etc. on Ockham Road North (4 homes). This compares with an overall net increase of 4 new homes approved in 2018.
- Of the 111 applications reviewed by EHPC’s Planning Committee, objections were raised against 32 applications, 29% of those submitted, which compares with 21% in 2018.
- Overall alignment between the views of EHPC’s Planning Committee and the planning decisions made by GBC was 79%, as compared with 85% in 2018.
- There were 7 applications to which EHPC had not objected, but which were refused by GBC, mostly for Green Belt related issues. This compares with 4 in 2018.
- Of the 32 objections raised by EHPC in 2019, the planning outcomes were as follows:
- Four applications withdrawn by the owner
- Two applications still awaiting decision by GBC
- Nine applications approved by GBC
- Five applications approved by GBC after agreeing design changes
- Fourteen applications refused by GBC
11 February 2020