THE FRIENDS OF HORSLEY'S STATIONS
Uniquely in England, East Horsley parish hosts not one, but two railway stations
To help give our stations the TLC they deserve, in 2019 East Horsley Parish Council founded its Railway Task Group (RTG).
We are arranged into three groups as follows:
- Railway Task Group Steering Committee
- Friends of Effingham Junction Station
- Friends of Horsley Station
Our mission statement
To improve the experience of using Horsley and Effingham Junction stations, including their environment, accessibility and facilities. In this way, both stations can become more of an amenity for the communities they serve rather than just points of access to railway services. Also, through enabling direct community involvement in shaping how rail users can interact with the stations, engendering a sense of “ownership” and pride amongst not only the adoption teams but also the wider communities that the teams represent.
Here are some links to more information about us and what we are doing.
Biodiversity at Horsley Station
Click here to view a few examples from photographs taken at the station in 2021.
EHPC Council Member
Cllr Andrew Franklin
Some other members:
- Co-Leads of the Railway Task Group Steering Committee: Stephen Groom and Alan Gilbertson
- West Horsley Parish Councillors Mel Beynon and Peter Colborne- Baber
- Co Lead of the Friends of Effingham Junction Station: Martha Jessop
- Effingham Parish Council Chair Ian Symes
- Effingham Residents’ Association Chair Vivien White
- Local flora and fauna experts Brian Austin and Harry Eve
- Local garden design expert Fiona Stephenson
- Former East Horsley Parish Councillor Olaf Karlsen